Heading off for the Weekend

Mid July with 30+ degree weather and what are we doing this weekend? Camping! That's right, we decided that we weren't quite melting at home in the heat and so we're going to go up to Waterton and evaporate in our tents.

:-}

We've somehow managed to get our entire family (and by that I mean the original 5 McGlenn's and all our offshoots) heading there for a few days. Mom and Dad took their trailer up on Wednesday afternoon and they'll get a campsite in town with electricity and water and everything, and that will be our 'home base.' Obie and I are heading up with the kids on Friday afternoon as soon as Obie gets home from work. Which should mean that we're out of the city by 3pm. Jen and Ed should be getting there with Amanda around 8 (or 9) which will give the kids a chance to play for a short while before it's off to bed for them!! Meagan's the last leg of the family train and she'll get to us before dinner on Saturday since she's got to work in the morning.

We're going to do a hike on Saturday and I think maybe a shorter one on Sunday too, as long as the weather is good but all predictions suggest that it will be. All in all I think that the weekend is going to be a fun one. I don't think that all of us have been camping together since before Arora was born, so it's been four years I guess. Should be interesting to see how it goes... I promise a full report next week some time!!

Well, I'm off to finish packing and what-not, so I'll be talking to you again soon.

;-)
Lacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

A Quickie!