These Days It's a Rarity

KID FREE DAYS....

That's right. No kids. No crying or fighting, no screaming or whining. Completely, absolutely, adult-only free time. I hadn't had it in so long that I almost forgot what it was like. I woke up at 10:30 this morning. Not to a little girl beside the bed wanting mommy. Not to a baby crying in his crib wanting his diaper changed. To near absolute silence. For a couple of minutes I couldn't figure out what was missing, and then Obie walked into the room with a piece of raison toast and asked me what I wanted to do for the day... I swear, for a minute I still couldn't quite understand what the question was. And then it hit me. NO KIDS.

Need I really say more to describe what I was feeling? I really hope not because I don't think that I could find the words even if I wanted to. Not that we've done anything all that interesting, or really even gone out and done anything. We went on a 'date' to the movies last night and that was fun. We slept late today and that was just a great. For the most part though we've just been enjoying having the house to ourselves and not having to deal with kids.

And now, since I still have no kids and I don't have to go to bed for several more hours, I'm going to go and continue to have my fun... You know that whole "have your cake and eat it too" philosophy! :)

Till Later!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

A Quickie!