Trick-or-Treating with the Kids!!

OH A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!


She was Piglet at 5 months. A devil the next year. Last year Arora was a 'Butterfly Princess Fairy' (she couldn't narrow it down to just one), and this year we settled on being a witch. The decision making bit for the costume, of course, was that it had bright pink in it. But mommy (obviously that's me) was able to find a pair of tights and a sweater in the same shade of bright pink, so on the whole the Witch was a winner!!!


Being only three weeks old last year on Halloween Zack didn't actually dress up. In a sense he was just 'a new-born' and we didn't actually take him around at all. This year though we (and I suppose that should really just be 'I') wanted his costume to be something really cute, but cool too. When I was shopping in Calgary a couple weeks ago I was able to find the PERFECT costume, at Old Navy of all places, and though mom and I worried that it might be a bit too big, we were wrong, it fit great and the boy was as cute as he could possibly have been. Who would have guessed that a Zacky-Kangaroo would be such a hit? But it was and boy, am I glad!!


We went around to a few places in town - to my sister's houses, a couple friends houses and my aunt's house, then I took the kids out to a couple farms and finally Grandma and Papa's. The kids did really well. Eating candy and a 20-minute nap while driving out to the farms kept them happy and for the most part extremely well behaved. I hung out with Mom and Dad for a while and then brought myself and Zack back home. Rory gets to have a sleepover at the farm (yipee, that means I get an uninterrupted night of sleep!!) and I'll get her back sometime tomorrow morning.



A good day, all in all, and I'm certainly not going to complain about getting a bag full of candy to eat... because really, did you think Obie and I would just let Arora have it all???

Comments

Dallas said…
Lacey your kids are ADORABLE! reading that Arora was sleeping over at the farm brought back so many memories of sleep overs there when we were younger.. wow, that was forever ago hey! Those are some very cute costumes, I'm lovin the little kangaroo popping out of Zachs costume hee hee!
The Johnston's said…
I LOVE Old Navy Costumes. The costume Hailee and Xander wore this year are both from Old Navy (that I bought the last few years for Aidan....I love when things get reused!). Super cute costumes though, and it totally helps that the kids wearing them are super cute too!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

The Value of Keeping Your Promise

A Quickie!