The Death of an Appliance

Oh! How quickly a day can change from happy to, uh, NOT so happy. So there I was, blissfully minding my own business and getting ready to make myself (and the Daddy) some lunch, when I twisted the dial on the stove to turn on the oven. I'd decided to make some chicken wings, since we've had them in the freezer for what seems like forever, and they have to bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so. But what happens when I turn the dial????? I'll tell you.....

ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The light doesn't turn on. I'm thinking maybe it's just burned out. So I give the oven a couple of minutes to heat up but when I open the door the air inside feels suspiciously cooler then the air in my kitchen. Not a good thing when the oven is supposed to be warmed to 400 degrees. Still not sure if it's completely broken or if it's just not warm yet, I do something that under normal circumstances would be a very stupid move, I put my hand on the element on the roof of the oven. And nothing. It's cold. So I touch the element on the bottom and same thing. I turn the oven off and turn it back on, give it a couple of minutes and check again... Still nothing. Not a genius idea really, but I had to try. So I check the stove top burners and, surprise - surprise, only three of four work!!!

The real kicker of the situation is that, to the extent of my knowledge - which can be admittedly limited sometimes, I'm supposed to be hosting Christmas dinner this year. That's right, I'm supposed to cooking a turkey and all the crap that goes with it in 4 weeks!!!

So now I have to either get the damn thing fixed or hope that Santa Claus will be generous enough to make an early stop and drop off a new one for me. Personally, I'm hoping for the later and yep, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

It is, after all, the season of giving, right?

Comments

Dallas said…
Oh don't you hate when stuff like that happens! And it always seems to happen when you NEED the appliance! what's up with that hey! Our last oven exploded (well, kinda) right in the middle of cooking a Ham! I sure hope you find one before your big feast. Happy holidays!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Treasure

A Quickie!

An Updated Cast of Family Characters