From the Mouths of Babes

Have I mentioned before that I really suck at posting blog updates?? If I haven't I probably should have... And even though I've got the third baby and could use having three kids as my excuse, though it is a valid reason, the biggest reason is just that when faced with a few minutes of free time I generally don't choose to spend it writing a blog :) I am however working on my Christmas update (will include a couple REALLY cute pictures) and I'll have that posted before too much longer but probably not before the weekend. This update is just a short one because Rory said something far too cute not to be memoralized. :D

She wandered upstairs (she's in her own room downstairs now) about half an hour ago, after finally waking up, and plopped down beside Zack on the floor to watch some cartoons. She had a scowl on her face and every time he tried to say something to her or I tried to talk to her, she would bark her reply to us, all grumpy like. Finally it just became to funny for me when she told Zack to move his pillow away from her (remember that he was there first) because his breathing was too loud and she couldn't hear the TV. Granted, he is congested so his breathing is louder than usual, but still...

So I ask her, "Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning??"

She replies: "Yes. I was upside down."

I'm trying not to laugh because, obviously, that's not exactly what I meant but I manage to ask her next: "Were your feet on your pillow?"

"Yes." She responds and she's so serious looking with her scowl and her somber eyes that I'm trying to think of something to make her smile.

So I try one more time. "And your head was under the blankets?"

Nothing. Still just a scowl. "No." I just don't know what to say to turn her mood around.

"You could go get back in bed, with your head on the pillow, and then get up again on the 'right' side of the bed." I tell her.

"I can't." She tells me and I'm trying so hard not to laugh because she is SO serious sounding.

And I also can't help but ask the obvious question. "Why not?"

So she tells me why...

"Cause the other side of the bed is against the wall."

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha....

I swear this conversation is word for word, minus some minor interruptions from Zack. Yep, yep. It was just so cute, and funny, I had to share it with everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

Our Newest Treasure

The Value of Keeping Your Promise