Just an Update

 
So a full month of school has gone by (for both Zona and myself) and things are looking good.  Zona hasn't had any major problems for the last couple weeks and for that I am honestly and immensely grateful! For me, I've done a few assignments and I am just gearing up to write my first round of "mid-terms" in the next week. But things are actually good, and I'm not too worried about the tests - they'll be hard, but I'm prepared for that and think I'll do pretty well on them.  So YAY!

As for everyone else... Saphira is walking all over and babbling all the time, and generally just getting into everything and in everyone's way.  She and Zack play really well together, which is good since they spend the most time together.  Of course, she's still growing like a weed.  Personally I think she'll end up taller then Zona. (I'm not sure where Zack will fit in though, I hope he'll be taller then the girls... I guess all I can do there is wait and see, huh?)

Zack's birthday was this week. Three years old!!! I don't really have any pictures (I didn't have a camera, but I'll be checking to see if anyone else might have taken a pic during dinner.) but I will say that we had a good time.  We took the kids to Ponyo, a new(ish) movie that's storyline is similar to the Little Mermaid, and then after that we went to Pizza Hut and had dinner and cake and opened presents.  The birthday boy happily raked in a bunch of dinosaur toys, including a play mat and a dino-tent, 2 sets of hockey sticks and balls (one foam set for inside and plastic for outside), a basketball hoop and ball, a couple toy cars and trucks, some clothes and some coloring and painting books.  And puzzles, can't forget the puzzles.  So yeah, he's a happy boy this week! 

I think I mentioned before that I had both of the kids (Zack and Zona) registered for dance classes this year. Zona is enjoying her classes a lot and is happy that she actually has a friend from school in one of them.  Zack however flatly refuses to go back. I'm not sure if he just doesn't want to dance, he's shy or scared of the teachers (and other students) or if he is just too little for dance still; in anycase, he doesn't want to do it and I'm not going to force him, but I do want him to do something.  So I decided to try him with skating.  But then, when I was getting info for that Zona heard me and demanded that she get to skating lessons too, so both Zack and Zona are doing skating now too.  Zona absolutely loves it.  Their first class was last Saturday and all she's talked about since is how much she is looking forward to this weeks lesson.  Zack liked it, until he fell on his back and got scared.  But he does want to keep doing it.  I think it is actually pretty helpful that Zona is there too, because he at least half the reason he's willing to go back is because she's there too.  YAY, again! Hopefully he'll keep at it.  I'll try and get a couple pictures so that I can post them...

Beyond that... I don't have much else to say.  Things are good.  I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner this weekend - even though Big Sister and Bro-in-Law aren't coming down - and Halloween at the end of the month.  That is going to be another whole nightmare, so I'll keep you posted on that, and make sure that I get some pictures of halloween costumes when the time comes.

Till next time - have a great Thanksgiving (Canadians) and hope your October is lovely!!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Quickie!

Our Newest Treasure

An Updated Cast of Family Characters